Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm back!!!

Where to start....I left FPG in Oct.2009 to become a Preschool Director in Lake Elsinore, something I always wanted to do, seeing as that is what I have my degree in, and I really missed working with kids. With the economy so bad, the school was losing kids left and right. I loved my staff and kids/parents, but I was so stressed out every single day, wondering if we were going to lose more kids, how was I going to get more kids to enroll? The Owner was on me daily, and I was doing everything I could, and daily I felt like I was failing. In January 2011, I went to the doctor as I had a lingering cough, when my blood pressure was taken it was 203/100(yes, I knew I had HBP, but I hadn't had insurance so when my pills ran out I was done.) Doctor was ready to make me go to the hospital, but I talked my way out of that, he put me new medicine, and had me come back for a complete physical including bloodwork. I received a phone call a couple of days later, and was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, and a high lipod count. All I could do was cry when I left the doctors office. I felt like my life was over. The doctor I was seeing was just a hole in the wall place that I could just pay $50 a visit. When I had to have all the tests done, it put a huge damper in our finances, so when I was supposed to go back and have repeat work done, I once again did not follow up. Times were getting really bad at the Preschool, but it was a job, so I stuck with it. In November 2011, Katrina Smith, my former boss, and longtime friend called me and offered me a job working for Guardian, as a case manager once again. I told her I would have to think about it, and talk to Rick. She called me back a couple of days later and told me what she could pay me, I would have benefits, and they were opening an office in Murrieta. Well, it was an offer I couldn't turn down. I told my boss in November that I would be leaving in March...He begged me to stay, but he knew he couldn't compete with the money and benefits. I ended up leaving in Feb.2012. It was very emotional leaving the families in which I had bonded so closely with. Feb.13th was my first day with Guardian, commuting to Upland everyday (we were waiting for our office in Murrieta), and I was welcomed in with open arms. Everyone was so nice. It helped that Katrina was also there with me, so I at least knew her. On March 15th we moved into an office in Murrieta. I can't tell you how much I love this job. I haven't been this happy in a really long time. I actually look forward to coming to work each day!! Thanks Katrina for thinking of me for this job!! I also decided in March 2012, that I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy(I also have to thank a great friend, Steve Ferrell, as he is my inspiration) if he can fight and win a battle with cancer I can lose this weight and get myself healthy....so I made a doctors appointment(YAY, I have insurance now) and went to meet my new doctor! Love her! We have already decreased my BP medicine. I had new blood work done, and my Diabetes in well under control, but I do have Hypothyroidism. Another set back...another day spent crying. I am trying to get off my medicines, not take more. After I stopped feeling sorry for myself, I decided to re-join the gym that Katrina goes to( I only went 2 times the last time). We go everyday after work, and I am feeling great. I have lost 9 pounds in the week and a half that we have been going. I have a follow up doctors appointment on Wed. April 11th for a physical and to go over my recent blood work. I am bound and determined to lose this weight, and at least get off my BP medicine and the doctor has high hopes that my Diabetes will go away with the weight loss. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have a long road ahead of me, but I am willing to make the trip, and I hope that you will all follow along with me.

No comments: