Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Won!!! Go Me!!

Yesterday, on Katy Radion 101.3, I won on Trivia Impossible!! The question was, 14 million of these small divices have been sold, and 4.4 million have been sold from Januaray through March...I thought maybe an Ipod, or a cell phone....Kat and I started calling....she got through first...and said cell phone, the DJ told her she was almost there, what kind of cell phone, she said Iphone, he said no. I continued to call....he gave a hint....not an "apple product"....I finally got through and he asked me the question.....and I said it's a Blackberry....he said you are correct. Then I had a decision to make....$50 gift certificate to Rubys Diner or 4 tickets to the Long Beach Grand Prix....If my son didn't want to go to the Grand Prix so badly, I would have chosen the $50 gift certificate, but he had just told his dad that he thought it would be cool to go to the Grand Prix...and his dad said yes it would be cool, but that we couldn't afford it right now. So, I went with the 4 tickets to the Long Beach Grand Prix!! You're welcome Kyle!!!! The only downfall is the tickets are for Friday the 18th, so, he will have to miss a day of school. Gonna let him this time...good thing I just got his progress report, and he has brought his grades up. Oh, and by the way....I sounded like a dork on the radio!! I didn't know I was still being recorded when I had to make my decision on what prize I wanted...and I was just talking to the DJ...asking him stupid questions and telling him that my boss wanted me to get the $50 gift certificate and that my husband would like the Grand Prix tickets....and so on. Then when I heard myself on the radio a few minutes later, WHAT A DORK!!!! Oh well, live and learn!!

5 comments:

Katrina :) said...

He actually said it was a cell phone product like iphone, etc. Told me to call back with another type of cell phone. :) Then, on the radio he gave everyone else the same help, but saying it was not an apple product. He did not let me guess again :( Stupid fill-in DJ. Bob would have!

Katrina :) said...

Hi!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I just love winning stuff on the radio.
Hope you all have a great time when you go.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

NEED AM UPDATE HERE!!!!!!!!! :-)

Katrina :) said...

Hell yeah we do, it has only been a freaking month... LOL